You will join the SmartHome Devices, Apps and Connectivity team to provide technical expertise for devices, security, connectivity and apps used to deliver our industry leading SmartHome and security services. Our team is responsible for developing and supporting technologies to drive an exceptional customer experience in the evolving connected products space across consumer, business and health portfolios. We work with internal and external partners to develop new products and services and provide the highest tier of support for smart home security and automation products at TELUS. We spearhead complex root cause analysis investigations and drive reliability improvements through technology innovations. You will be joining a growth oriented organization focused on creating Digital Life experiences for TELUS customers.
- Adherence to best practices for change management processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Operate as a software-centric and cloud-enabled digital platform.
- Select, test, approve and launch only best in class products built by TELUS or partners.
- Employ DevOps principles and practices to deliver products and features.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to design and deliver integrated experiences across automation, security, devices, apps and support these products through development, market trials and launch.
- Research and understand new home and building automation security products, ecosystems, devices, industry trends and lead technology, product and vendor evaluations.
- Develop and own technical roadmaps and solution architectures for Smart Home and Smart Building services.
- Agile project management experience (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and tools (Jira/TFS).
- Systems integration experience (identity, provisioning, application integration, API integration).
- Experience developing applications and web tools with Python, Node.js, Java, .NET, and HTML5.
- An understanding of microservices architecture.
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Experience with cloud-native tools and cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; confident with developing and presenting material to peers and senior management.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, advanced technical and analytical skills, confident in making and owning technical decisions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A