Website BNSF Railway
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date. All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
- Safety: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to safety concerns and taking appropriate action.
- Operate Equipment: Bucket truck, boom truck, auger truck, back hoes, bobcats, snowcats, and all terrain vehicle.
- The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- Install, Test and Maintain: Fiber optics, cables, towers, antenna work, power plant, and microwave / radio site maintenance. Termination of overhead/underground cabling and fiber. Tower work, including tower erection and rigging as well as civil work including light construction and building maintenance.
- This position is responsible for installing, testing, inspecting, maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, assembling, and/or dismantling inside/outside communications equipment, parts, and related items. Headquarter location, travel and work within assigned geographic area.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Able to work in conditions that include loud noise and fumes, work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time and use hand tools
- Have a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or be able to obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders and on/off equipment, as well as work from a boom truck basket
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Available to travel around the seniority (designated) region and remain away from home for up to days or weeks at a time
- Able to visually distinguish among red, blue, green and yellow colors, hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
Qualification & Experience:
- Willing to be submit to an employment, criminal and driving background review
- Available to work in the geographic area indicated
- BNSF is a drug-free company and employees will be subject to random drug tests
- High School diploma or GED
- Available to work a 40 hour work week subject to overtime, on-call and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays
- 21 years of age or older
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minot, ND, US
Application Deadline: N/A