- This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Seek and qualify prospects following company account stratification goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Engage in ongoing training sessions.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product use.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury – $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage – $100,000 is required
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
- Valid driver’s license with a “clean” driving record (including no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, or Culinary Arts preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 years of Foodservice sales experience.
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Restaurant management / chef experience preferred.
- Previous Sysco experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A