This is a warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to select the correct products, labeling product using Sysco Order Selection (SOS) label technology, palletizing product to build customer orders and delivering the product to the dock safely and efficiently. This position requires working 6:00 p.m. until end-of-shift with all products accurately selected and loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required to successfully fill customers’ orders. The job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the environment (dry, cooler, freezer).
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including dry, cooler, and freezer.
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to create labels and correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets following proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Engage an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to transport products.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to sanitation requirements to comply with the policy set forth by the company and by AIB (American Institute of Baking).
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Shrink-wrap product on the loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned..
- Ability to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established through an engineered production standard.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift, in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 months’ experience operating an electric pallet jack or forklift preferred.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- 3 months’ warehouse experience preferred.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- Previous experience at Sysco or in the food service industry preferred
- 18+ years of age.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A