All drivers run daily routes with frequent stops and are required to load packages onto hand trucks and unload product at each stop on the assigned route in the order they are designated by the Transportation Department Manager. The driver will work away from OpCo (operating company) at a designated domiciled location closer to the marketplace of the customer. The job is the same as an operating company delivery driver and is a customer-facing position. The driver is responsible for cross-dock model picking uploaded trucks from a nightly delivery at f the assigned loading dock and returning the empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end of the route. May be required to assist occasionally with loading-trucks, palletizing product, and performing other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Runs routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times
- Calls in when a customer does not receive their entire order (shorts)
- Check whether a truck is operating well enough to perform the route.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures
- Organize a truck and make the deliveries efficiently.
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection.
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Same as Driver Shuttle and Driver Domiciled
- Building Trust
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)Follow-up
Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Managing Work
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Frequent lifting of a product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year route delivery experience or applicable background driving a straight truck
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- High School or GED or equivalent
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License – Class B (Class A preferred)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A