Website Sylvan Learning
Sylvan Learning is the leader in providing tutoring and supplemental education for children in kindergarten through 12th grade! With over 40 successful years in Wake County area, we have helped literally thousands of area students catch up, keep up, and get ahead! Our passionate instructors are Sylvan certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child’s needs in mind.
- As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibility is to teach
- No Lesson Planning. No Preparation.No Parent Meetings. No Paperwork. We do all of that!!!
- As a part-time Sylvan Instructor (flexible hours between 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm at least 2 days a week), you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting.
- You will become Sylvan certified and will provide personalized instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT prep and State exams to students of all levels. If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center manager
- Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience
Company: Sylvan Learning
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Education
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A