Website Sylvan Learning
Are you a teacher that thrives on seeing that moment when a child learns something new and their face lights up with excitement? Have you been frustrated with your inability to dig deeper into the needs of each of your students due to the pace and size of your classroom? Are you looking for a part-time job but feel like you have to sacrifice doing what you love to get a decent paying part-time job?
In this high performing, individualized learning environment, you’re seeing the “light bulb” moments daily. You’re getting the time to teach something to a student in as many ways as they need it until they understand it. You’re building skills while building confidence. You’re doing something that feels like more than just a paycheck. You’re the difference maker. If it sounds like something you would love, keep reading…
- Know how to control and manage your own time—Ferris Bueller should not be your role model.
Like people—seriously, do we need to say more?
- Find kids fun—again, do we need to say more?
- An uncanny ability to make what you are teaching relatable to any type of student.
- Love playing chess—because as a teacher, you always have to think one play ahead.
- Multitask like it is going out of style.
- Believe in making a commitment and sticking to that commitment.
- Believe in the power of Radical Honesty.
- Can embrace the phrase—“it always works out.”
- Passionate about Teaching!
- A high mastery of knowledge at multiple levels.
- Love to learn and see feedback as an opportunity to grow.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in education as well as a teaching license.
Company: Sylvan Learning
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Education
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A