The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Analyst located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for providing proactive support to vendor partners, merchant teams, and DC network to ensure optimal and consistent flow of merchandise from vendors to the DCs and ultimately to stores. This position will be responsible for proactively identifying and resolving issues that affect the flow of goods. The Supply Chain Analyst will implement solutions and processes with the support of our Supply Chain teams to correct issues and avoid future occurrences. The Supply Chain Analyst will be assigned merchandise division to assure we optimize the flow of goods for the assigned area.
How will you do it?
- Optimize flow of product from vendors to DCs to stores.
- Partner with the vendors, merchants and DC teams to assure we use the best practices in flowing goods to save on time, money, and labor:
- Review opportunities for vendors to improve their flow of goods.
- Work with vendors to resolve any opportunities to improve the process to support Michaels.
- Review opportunities to support warehouses.
- Review opportunities to support stores.
- Maintain cost recovery for DCs if corrective action is needed to flow goods.
- Maintain the flow of business within a given area to insure process responsibilities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Resolve DC troubles within a 10 day period.
- Respond back to communications with 24 hours or less.
- Assist the Supply Chain Forecast team in providing information that may impact flow changes in the network.
- Travel to support vendor partners in improving processes to support Michaels (When requested).
- Manager and/or director will assign projects that will support the total team. The team member will take ownership of the assignment.
- Manage transitions within assigned division (Vendor or DC location change, shipping case configuration changes).
- DC RTVs (Returns, destroy and/or donate) products with approval from merchants and vendor partners.
- Establish reworks for issues that are held up in our DC network.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field
- 3-5 years Supply Chain experience
- Retail and/or Logistics experience
- Excellent Excel and Access skills
- Power Point
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irving, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A