Website Duke Energy
- The Supv Operations is responsible for the execution of work needed to manage unit operations, including unit generation, scrubber, environmental emissions control, and material handling and some routine maintenance of the station. The Supv Operations is responsible for committing to the work plans, executing the plans and schedules, and providing oversight to the work. Safety, environmental compliance, productivity and quality are all critical responsibilities of the Supv Operations. The Supv Operations are responsible for identifying and addressing barriers in the workplace. The Supv Operations must also effectively communicate the plans and direction of the organization. The Supv Operations is responsible for the employee development and performance management of the assigned personnel in his work group. The Supv Operations is often the senior leader on site, particularly at nights and on weekends.
- Ensures compliance with all operational, environmental and other compliance requirements. Monitors station environmental, health and safety objectives are met and ensures compliance with all operational, environmental and other compliance requirements
- Provides leadership and accountability in order to achieve desired safety results (Lock Out Tag Out compliance, safety meeting attendance, safety policies/procedures, work practices, etc.)
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of the Lock Out Tag Out procedures for equipment under the jurisdiction of the production team.
- Communicates performance metrics and expectations to direct reports
- Provides leadership and direction in the development and implementation of best practice routines, work process improvement, maintenance and operation procedures.
- Supervise plant operations and maintenance following company guidelines, meeting power generation requirements, and completing planned activities as defined by the Operating Model
- Provide input to establish unit generation plan (Short, Medium and Long Term)
- Provide leadership and support for incident reporting process, including fact-finding investigations, decision-making problem solving analysis, etc.
- Monitor generating unit and/or equipment operating parameters and conditions, direct team in corrective actions needed
- Counsels, trains, evaluates, develops, guides and assists assigned personnel relative to job performance and duties
- There is potential exposure to high stress situations and requirement to be available for emergency response as required by the needs of service.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, inspect, calculate, count, retain and make sound decisions.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, use and reach with hands, arms and fingers.
- Must also have the ability to be respirator qualified.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate Degree from an accredited university or college and 3 years power plant or industrial experience; or 7 years related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited university or college
- Financial knowledge and skills including ability to analyze data
- 3 years of previous supervisor experience
- 5+ years of plant operations experience
- 3 years previous natural gas fired combustion turbines (simple cycle or combined cycle) experience.
- 2 years previous power plant water chemistry experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bartow, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A