Website University of California San Diego
UC San Diego Health is ranked #1 in San Diego by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals Rankings, 2016-2017 and ranked in 8 specialties (Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Cancer, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Pulmonology, Orthopedics, Geriatrics, Urology and Nephrology). UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence in quality patient care and innovations in nursing practice.
Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center is San Diego’s 1st Comprehensive Cardiovascular Center providing heart and vascular programs in one central location. Global leader and international referral center in Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE). The Sulpizio Cardiovascular center is a heart and lung transplant center with the only lung transplant program in San Diego County. The Ventricular Assist Device program boast some of the best outcomes in the nation, and provides therapy with 5 different devices.
The Registered Nurse identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluates results for a wide variety of patient populations. Some of these patients include heart and lung transplants, PTE patients, CABGs, valves,TAVR’s, and Ventricular Assist Devices including Total Artificial Hearts. Stroke and Vascular Surgical patients will be on this floor as well. This unit utilizes advanced training and skills to take care of high acuity and complex patients. The CNII directs and acts as a resource to all other members of the nursing team as assigned. Promotes compliance and support of policies and procedures. Achieves trust in professional collegial relationships.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center’s business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- CT/Heart experience.
- CCRN, CSC, and CMC certifications.
- Experience with cardiothoracic patients.
- Experience with balloon pumps, CRRT, and/or VAD.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- RN License issued by the State of California.
- BLS/CPR and ACLS certification at time of hire with commitment to get ART within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year recent adult ICU experience.
- Must be a team player and have good communication skills.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A