The Student Intern/ Co-op provides support to engineering personnel in all phases of Substation & Relay Design (138kV & below) and Maintenance (345kV & below). Much of the work will be assisting engineers in the specific areas and responsibilities as noted. Work location is combination of office environment and site visits/inspections involving outside activities.
- Designing appropriate, cost-effective protection schemes, review schematic drawings, perform power system calculations, and coordination studies, and perform other engineering studies as required.
- Technical support activities include providing consulting services to other groups in matters relating to substation design, such as grounding and shielding studies, equipment loading studies, and other design calculations.
- System Protection Engineering Intern/Coop (Electrical Engineer)
- Engineering Support Intern/Coop (Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineer)
- Substation Design Engineering Intern/Coop (Electrical or Mechanical Engineer)
- Schedule and coordinate activities of purchasing, drafting, construction, operating and providing cost estimates.
- Coordinate testing program to assure necessary PM tasks are completed as required by internal and external requirements.
- Prepare failure reports on substation equipment.
- Relay Maintenance Engineering Intern/Coop (Electrical Engineer)
- Prepare minor design changes as needed to restore equipment to service.
- Provide support to relay maintenance personnel for commissioning and checkout of new relay systems and equipment.
- Review and investigate system operations to determine necessary corrective actions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: Problem solving & analysis skills. Strong Microsoft Office skills preferred. Previous internship or co-op experience is a plus, but not required.
- Other: Good analytical, communication, and human relations skills. Adaptable and flexible. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Engineering Intern or Co-op Positions
- Education: Must be in student status in Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university required. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A