Website Dollar General
Responsible for the management of and training for the execution of store merchandising for new store, relocation and remodel projects.
- Develops and maintains strong internal corporate partnerships to ensure that all project goals are achieved. (Examples: transportation, advertising, distribution, merchandising, etc).
- Evaluates and resolves issues, reacting under pressure and applying good judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Completes all reports and travel expenses accurately and timely.
- Leverages resources and maintains tough expense control by maximizing performance and productivity of outsource companies and store staff to deliver on-time openings.
- Trains store staff (temporary and newly-hired) on appropriate merchandising processes.
- Plans and manages execution of new, relocating and remodel store fixture installation and merchandise setup (including management of outsource companies, and implementation of plan-o-grams, signage, etc).
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to travel consistently away from home two weeks at a time
- Strong ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to read and implement plan-o-grams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under very minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of retail operations and merchandising systems
Qualification & Experience:
- High school education or equivalent required. Two to three years of retail experience required. Staff management experience required. Previous merchandise experience preferred.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A