Shopping is a great way to work up an appetite, and [email protected]’s offers exciting jobs and great opportunities in an area that’s changing the way people experience our stores. The secret to our success is our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so whether you want to join the prep team or manage one of our restaurants, there’s a great job waiting for you.
The Barista sells and creates Starbucks coffee beverages following Starbucks standards providing exceptional customer service through product knowledge and Magic selling. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist, verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area.
- Maintains PAR stock levels and follows Starbucks merchandising, signing and product presentation standards.
- Connects with customers to build relationships and seeks to exceed their expectations.
- Can identify problems, take action as appropriate and proactively communicates ideas for possible solutions to a manager.
- Understands importance of meeting store goals, while holding self- accountable for understanding business measures and store goals.
- Consistently uses operational tools and follows routines and procedures.
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company, Starbucks and Health Department standards.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Completes the Barista Certification Program.
- Exemplifies Barista promise to produce and deliver handcrafted beverages and food, demonstrating Starbucks service standards.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations.
- Understands company health and safety best practices while following Starbucks Clean, Safe and Ready standards and procedures.
- Follows Starbucks Service Steps and Magic Selling skills providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food and beverage products.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler’s certificate may be required for food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting employment in a food operation at Macy’s
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Troy, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A