Website Duke Energy
The Sr. FPO Business Analyst provides financial application user support, researches problem resolution and reporting support for business partners with financial applications, meets milestones and schedule dates within timeframe defined by project work plans. The analyst Consults, and partners with, business management and project management on priorities and challenges. Influences and drives financial acumen across the organization. Effectively communicates with senior leaders of the business who may not be financial experts. Develops and formulates recommendations based on analyses and operational knowledge. Identifies trends that result in resource allocation recommendations. Key work activities also include ensuring resources are effective, efficient and fully utilized to manage project estimates. The analyst demonstrates appropriate judgment in day to day decisions keeping team focused on project milestones, deliverables and support. Self-directed in their work and provides strong context for decision making in fostering an effective service process.
- Level 2 problem resolution through interaction with financial systems users via phone, email, Picasso tickets, etc.
- Schedule Management – Meet milestones and schedule dates within timeframe defined by project work plans and complete assigned activities on time.
- Manage change request process across various applications
- Identify training gaps and materials needed
- Participate in FPO project work, as required
- Deliverable Quality Management – Produce deliverables as defined by the project plan, develop products and provide services as defined by the overall team objectives and goals.
- Mass data maintenance across all applications
- Monitor monthly close activities, as required
- Resource Management – Complete assigned activities within estimated duration.
- Participate in training activities
- Business Relationship Management – Focus on business knowledge and relationships to build an effective service delivery process.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- Six (6) plus years of related work experience in addition to degree
- Knowledge of Duke Energy’s business functions
- CPA or working toward CPA
- Advanced degree, preferably in Accounting
- Eight (8) years or more of professional work-related experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of accounting and finance principles, practices, and procedures to complete moderately complex assignments
- Experience with functional support of financial applications (i.e., PeopleSoft GL, Allocations, PeopleSoft Queries, basic SQL, AR Submodules, Billing, Contracts & Project Costing; ARM, HFM, Hyperion Planning Budgets/Projections, FMIS, PowerPlan, Reporting – Business Objects, Webi, Affiliate Reporting, MSRS, Analysis Services Cubes, SAS Business Rules Manager)
- Proficient using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Good time management/organizational skills
- Willingness & aptitude to learn accounting application functional skills
- Ability to multi-task & work under time deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well in team environments
- Good telephone etiquette skills
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A