T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward.
- In this role, this investigator will work closely with in-house Responsible Attorneys, litigation paralegals and internal investigators to handle the document collection and delivery of data and documents to outside counsel. This attorney will assist internal lawyers and outside counsel in providing support for all phases of discovery including:
- Oversee technical requirements for all Discovery projects for the company as part of the Legal Department.
- Assist legal team on all aspects of the litigation life cycle, including coordinating the activities related to the aggregation, inventory, processing, and review of electronic files as part of legal discovery.
- Assist on complex, technical investigations related to every aspect of forensic data to include: the collection and preservation of stored media; detection and recovery of deleted, fragmented and corrupted data; e-mail analysis/tracing; password cracking and retrieval; and documentation of findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation;
- Interface with legal teams on Discovery and Information Governance matters, processes, best practices, workflows, and case requirements.
- Communicates discovery risks to attorneys and management, including Executive level.
- Drives solutions to mitigate risks involving electronic discovery.
- Assist with the preparation of digital forensics consultative knowledge, education and awareness training on technological and digital forensics concepts for other business partners and multiple levels of management.
- Work independently, and as part of a team, to ensure that jobs progress quickly and with high quality.
- Strong knowledge of computers and networking with the ability to learn T-Mobile proprietary software and applications utilized to perform duties.
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to distill technical information into verbal and written communications for audiences with varying levels of understanding.
- Extensive knowledge of eDiscovery principles, concepts, techniques, and best practices, including the litigation hold and collection processes demonstrated by a minimum of four years’ experience in these areas and a willingness to assist with researching, evaluating, recommending, testing and maintaining litigation support equipment and software.
- Demonstrate Company Values. Must conduct all business with executive and business maturity.
- Ability to solve complex problems for self and team members when appropriate or required.
- Strong understanding of Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) plus related Electronically Stored Information (ESI) handling requirements to enable capability of handling a variety of eDiscovery collections and understanding of regular expressions to search for and reduce data.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school in managing forensics for large, complex e-discovery matters, including tracking eDiscovery data & ESI (electronically stored information) workflows and QC, in accordance with standard operating procedures including data intake, logging, running data processing jobs, media tracking and production tracking logs.
- At least four years of experience with EnCase eDiscovery, EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), X-Ways, Paraben, open source forensic technologies, litigation-support software, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, Wireshark, Netwitness, Cellebrite, Mobile Phone Examiner and other industry accepted tools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A