Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Enterprise Software Systems Project Manager to join our team in the Enterprise Operations and Transformation Office (EOTO). EOTO is applying systems engineering practices to the management of the enterprise to transform and improve our systems and processes, and to improve the quality and accessibility of information for the JPL community. We are looking for people that are passionate about helping to improve JPL’s enterprise infrastructure, excited about tackling a variety of projects, concepts, and change management efforts. If this sounds like the challenging opportunity you are looking for – then we want to talk to you!
- Formulation of enterprise projects: develop proposed improvement ideas from “back of the envelope” level maturity into fleshed-out concepts, including definition of objectives, requirements, interfaces, potential solution architectures and preliminary implementation plans.
- Standards development: publication of a uniform and consistent set of policies, principles, requirements, processes, and guidelines for the enterprise that cover topics including IT architecture, data architecture, cybersecurity, user experience and others.
- Strategic planning: contribute to the identification of strategic priorities, and assess the impact and ramifications of future state visions for developing strategic roadmaps.
- Enterprise architecture: help to build an architectural model of the enterprise including information about processes, organizations, systems, facilities, roles and governance, and the interfaces and information flows that connect them.
- Broad knowledge of at least two of the following JPL enterprise operations domains (governance, strategic planning, business management, human resources, information technology, plant management, project formulation, engineering design and analysis, hardware production, systems integration and test, or mission operations).
- Leadership of or participation in process improvement initiatives impacting multiple organizations and systems.
- Understanding of enterprise architecture standard methodologies and goals.
- Proven ability to research, gather information, and recommend solutions to fit the strategic vision and organizational needs
- Proven ability to develop, maintain, and deliver against a project plan for all aspects of assigned projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence and bring resources together to implement solutions and enact change; within the framework of ongoing activities within JPL
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written required.
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to lead multiple projects at once and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with JPL flight project and enterprise practices.
- Experience in enterprise modeling using languages such as SysML or ArchiMate.
- Proficiency in program and project portfolio management.
- Bachelors in Systems Engineering or related field with 9 years of related experience, Masters with 7 years, or PhD with 5 years.
- Experience collaborating and building consensus across all levels of an organization from senior management to individual contributors.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A