As a working prison, we work towards the resettlement of residents upon their release into the community and their integration into society through the skills acquired while in our care. We are committed to supporting people to change their lives for the better and lead law-abiding lives. HMP Northumberland offers a variety of initiatives and programmes to help residents engage within the prison’s rehabilitative culture. This includes various educational and vocational qualifications, as well as a variety of opportunities for residents to learn new skills within our workshops and industries departments. We have textile, engineering and electrical workshops and can offer prisoners experience in horticulture, market gardens, cleaning, waste management and laundry services on site.
- Deliver high quality interventions to the trained standard.
- Attend Post Programme reviews
- Attend supervision sessions
- Complete thorough and in-depth session debriefs.
- Carry out programme assessments and responsivity interviews prior to group selection.
- Attend all training in relation to the role both Core Skills and Programme Specific.
- Liaise with OMU/OASYs staff in the management of offenders.
- Complete thorough and non-judgmental Post Programme Reports within the allotted week time scale.
- Promote a positive learning environment that is safe and secure to both staff and offenders.
- Develop programmes in line with HMPPS, Audit and contractual requirements.
- Conduct 1-to-1 interviews at the commencement of the programme and after each module with your named offenders.
- Be a positive role model to the offenders both within the group and elsewhere within the establishment.
- Have an interest in group work delivery
- An interest in working with people who need to address the way they think and behave.
- An interest in working with people who have cognitive distortions for the purpose of resettlement.
- Able to prepare for and deliver sessions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A