The Food Service Worker may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- May taste test products.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
Qualification & Experience:
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
No previous work experience required.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A