The Environmental Svc Attnd- Sr may work in any location on client premises. This individual serves as the Environmental Services Attendent and cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which require the use of mechanical equipment.
- Cleans offices, patients’/residents’ rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening, stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A