The Patient Ambassador is responsible for providing nutritional care to patients by spending quality patient time assisting in menu selection when necessary, providing patient meal delivery and patient set-up with direct patient contact, receiving and processing phone orders as required, and identifying patients who have not ordered meals with the assistance of the tray tracking system. The Patient Ambassador makes meal rounds and collects survey information. They will update the food preference and nourishment information and relay pertinent information to the Clinical Dietitian or Supervisor. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Introduces Room Service and explains diet order to new admissions.
- Classifies patient as Room Service, Room Service with Assist or Chef Select.
- Assists patients classified as Room Service with Assist.
- Assists Registered Dietitians with 24-hour screening of new admissions.
- Acts as liaison between Nursing and Dietary.
- Prints Ambassador Report with patient name, room, diet and admission date.
- Reviews report for patients advanced from NPO/Clear/Full diets.
- Visits all newly admitted patients on advanced diets.
- Introduces self as the unit’s Patient Ambassador and provides contact number/beeper.
- Identifies current diet order and explains room service to new patient.
- Explains times patient may call to obtain meal.
- Explains, if needed, the availability of large print and Spanish menu.
- Collaborates with nursing whether patient is: Room Service, Room Service with Assist or Chef Select.
- Documents, resolves or refers any complaints/concerns the patient and/or family members may have.
- Conducts daily meal rounds.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Roanoke, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A