Website Shoe Carnival
The Shoe Carnival Assistant Store Manager assists with the daily operations of the store and carries store keys to perform opening and closing responsibilities.
- Manages daily responsibilities including sales and operational plans, store and department standards, and safety and loss prevention guidelines.
- Processes weekly truck shipments by unloading, scanning, detailing case contents, and supervising product placement.
- Assists with timely administration of progressive discipline, interviews, timecard punch edits, report review, and communication.
- Trains associates to ensure consistent application of standards, product placement and/or cash handling to include collecting payments, and processing returns and exchanges.
- Ensures all claims of harassment and discrimination are immediately reported.
- Demonstrates Total Customer Service Standards and leads by example.
- Assists in floor moves, merchandising, pricing, promotional displays and store housekeeping to ensure execution of company direction.
- Follows Loss Prevention guidelines to deter theft and manage mismates.
- Supervises associates and delegates tasks to ensure productivity, assists in conflict resolution, coordinates meals/breaks, and shares department successes and opportunities.
- Provides overrides, performs safe and till counts, and reconciles cash settlements.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage, train, and mentor associates to assure company standards and processes are understood.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully complete Key Carrier Certification exam within 60 days of hire or prior to promotion.
- Ability to execute the concept by understanding and applying report(s) information.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent active listening skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years of retail sales experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required; preferably in retail environment.
Company: Shoe Carnival
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A