Website Sherwin Williams
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going assessment of two site’s safety, health, environmental, and property preservation system. The position is responsible for ensuring that the sites EHS system meets the objective’s of Sherwin-Williams’ Corporate and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines. This individual works with the sites’ leadership teams to create a culture which emphasizes employee engagement, is built upon the 5 focus areas of Operational Excellence and the 10 elements of SMART, such that all team members embody safety as a core value of the operation.
- Obtaining safely designed and engineered facility process, installations and structures through detailed reviews of new and existing projects.
- Develops action plans to either pursue OSHA VPP STAR status, or maintain same if the site is already in the Program.
- Maintaining SMART as the core safety process.
- Reducing the frequency and severity of occupational injuries and illnesses and property losses and environmental releases.
- Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
- Maintaining the sites management involvement in safety and environmental program planning, training, organization and implementation.
- Performs inspections, investigations and analyses to minimize the potential for accidental losses or environmental releases.
- Maintaining compliance with Federal, state, and local EHS regulations.
- Acts as liaison between the sites and all EHS Divisional and Corporate support.
- Establishing and maintaining safety as a core value of the organization.
- Compiles, calculates, and submits site safety statistics.
- Increasing employee involvement in the site’s EHS process.
- Acts as liaison between the sites and all Federal, State, and Local enforcement agencies.
- Decision making skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an Environmental, Health & Safety compliance role with extensive knowledge of EPA standards and
- OSHA regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in technical writing relative to safety programs and written requests.
- Strong presentation skills, and well versed in training, both individual and group setting.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 4 years equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Environmental, Heath & Safety discipline, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Experience with external programs such as VPP, ISO 14001 and sustainability initiatives.
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Sanford, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A