Website Sherwin Williams
The Sales Representative is responsible for developing sales in a specific geographic territory. Duties include prospecting for new business and making calls to existing and new customers for the purpose of selling Automotive Finishes products, which include Sherwin-Williams labeled automotive paint and associated products. Typical accounts include automotive body shops, production, and fleet shops.
The core responsibilities and duties associated with this position include, but are not limited to, the following
- Develop a regular sales call schedule to ensure that the needs and expectations of the customer are met.
- Access product/technical information to support customers’ application requirements.
- Develop a strategy to grow sales and profits to key, potential, new and existing customers. Through the sales process, identify the customer’s needs and develop solutions in order to profitably grow sales.
- Conduct competitive product comparisons and identify current competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and S-W’s competitive advantage.
- Collect reliable customer/territory information and estimate individual customer potential.
- Develop a daily and weekly pre-call strategy to ensure time is properly allocated
- Utilize our Customer Retention Management System (CRM) to log all customer visits and track the progress of new accounts.
- Conduct product demos to assist in selling/marketing of automotive refinishing products.
- Familiarize self with all products, including their application and preparation, in the Sherwin-Williams Automotive line.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain effective communication with sales manager on strategies and opportunities in marketplace.
- Adhere to company safety standards at all times
- Identify ways to deepen the business relationship with customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years in customer service-related position
- At least 1 year in sales related role
- Previous record of effective management with regard to expense control, sales management, and directing personnel
- Must be advanced in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with word documents and spreadsheets
- Effective writing skills
- Sales experience in coatings or a related field
- Outside sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic math skills
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A