Website Charles Schwab
Internal Audit (IAD) assists the Board and Management with the protection of the assets, reputation, and sustainability of Schwab. IAD provides independent and objective assessments concerning Schwab’s control processes, serves as a third line of defense in identifying, measuring, monitoring, and controlling risks, and in support of Schwab’s vision and strategy. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, IAD, the Administrative Assistant will join a fast growing internal audit function to provide broad executive administrative support for the SVP in IAD, work closely with the SVP, and IAD Leadership Team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up as appropriate. This role offers the opportunity to plan, coordinate and proactively ensuring the SVP’s schedule is followed and respected, acting as a gatekeeper, and to create solutions for direct access to the SVP’s time and office. This role also helps to provide strategic leadership to establish relationships across the firm that are crucial to the success of the SVP’s office, and handles a variety of special projects that facilitate the SVP’s ability to effectively lead the department.
- Assist with the compilation, copy, assembly of Internal Audit Reports and other documentation (electronic and hard copy).
- Provide administrative support to members of the IAD Leadership Team, process invoices and oversee department office supplies.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, compiling documents for travel-related meetings, and preparing expense reports.
- Assist with requests from internal and external constituents and schedule meetings and document reviews.
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential, including e-mails, cover letters, and track responses as appropriate.
- Work on special projects as requested by the SVP.
- Assist with the planning of departmental meetings, including agendas and logistics.
- Handle sensitive, confidential information and materials with professionalism and discretion.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often under stringent deadlines.
- Handle calendars, including Board/Committee meetings, coordinate catering and supplies, reserve conference rooms, and confirm videoconferencing capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Executive presence with impeccable communication and social skills.
- Familiarity with internal audit or risk management concepts a plus, but not required.
- Strong execution-orientation and flexibility to support the IAD Leadership Team.
- Eagerness to learn and assume additional responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Experience in Financial Services industry a plus, but not required.
- Successful candidate will be a proactive, assertive great teammate with demonstrated ability to work well cross-functionally, in a professional, efficient, and confidential manner.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Company: Charles Schwab
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westlake, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A