Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can work well both independently and in a team environment as a Senior User Experience Researcher. Reporting functionally to the Engineering Tools and Data Management Group and programmatically to the Office of Digital Transformation, you will be joining a stellar team of thought leaders at JPL dedicated to ensuring JPL is continuously transformed by embracing and accelerating digitally innovative ways of doing business.
- Brainstorming solutions to this specific problem with cross-functional team members and evaluating the potential options
- Requirements discovery, refinement and validation for a well-scoped problem
- Helping team members communicate complicated concepts of operations internally, explaining their ideas
- Making a specific recommendation based on the realities discovered during the research process.
- Designing research studies, both short and long, to answer key questions
- Helping the team prioritize and define a recommended roadmap
- Writing and presenting findings to team
- Design, prototyping, validating and refinement of the solutions identified as having merit.
- Conducting research, alone or with help, on existing tools, workflows, behaviors, features and needs analysis.
- Identifying unmet user needs and development opportunities
- Developing research materials (scripts, low fidelity prototypes, etc)
- Creating research plans and identifying the appropriate methodologies to use
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a strong grasp of research methods and data analysis, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, or related discipline with 9 years of relevant experience; Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience; Ph.D with 5 years of relevant experience . Education may be substituted with significant industry experience.
- Ability to communicate the value of human-centered design to a disparate audience and to explain not only the techniques used, but also the reasons we use them.
- Demonstrated understanding of UX research methods for complex systems.
- Experience organizing and moderating both individual research sessions and group research.
- Understanding of Agile Scrum practices and philosophies
- A portfolio of research projects showing a strong human-centered approach to problem solving.
- Storyboarding, wireframing, mockup and prototyping skills.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A