Website Seneca College
Reporting to the Dean, Academic Quality, the Director is accountable for the quality assurance of academic programming at Seneca. This includes managing the processes to ensure curriculum integrity and the quality of academic program delivery and overseeing the implementation of program quality assurance policies and procedures. The Director is also responsible for building and maintaining effective working relationships with external regulatory, quality assurance and government agencies. The Director works closely with the Deans, Chairs, faculty, and academic learning and student services to develop short and long-term plans and processes related to quality academic programming.
- Oversees the formative and summative program review processes.
- Produces pertinent achievable operational plans that support Seneca’s commitment to excellence in program and academic service quality with clear and timely implementation strategies and quality assurance processes.
- Manages departmental activities to ensure the stated outcomes are achieved within the budget.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to improve program review, degree development, degree consent and consent renewal processes.
- Implements policies related to area of responsibility.
- Represents Seneca at provincial meetings.
- Provides direction and support to staff and subject matter experts for the development of new programs and ensures adherence with Seneca policies, the Framework for
- Programs of Instruction, Credential Validation Service, and ministry policies prior to submission for approvals.
- Collaborate with Academic Quality team on broader institutional quality priorities.
- Oversees the implementation of Seneca’s program quality review process in order to meet the provincial requirements of the College Quality Assurance Audit Process (CQAAP).
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with the Ontario College Quality Assurance Service.
- Ensures that subject matter experts involved in program development have curriculum development support and guidance from appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates and makes final recommendations for program modification within Seneca’s program approval processes.
- Guides the on-going revision of existing curricula to ensure that programs meet all requirements identified in the Framework for Programs of Instruction and ministry policies.
- Strong communication skills, including the ongoing requirement to make effective presentations and write reports.
- Ability to lead effective teams.
- Superior skills in public and private negotiation, conflict resolution, and collaboration building.
- A comfort level to speak with external groups and individuals and the ability to engage partners and other relevant organizations to enhance institutional operations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of financial management and student information systems.
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles as they relate to postsecondary education.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external stakeholder or regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of quality education frameworks and processes preferably within an applied post-secondary environment.
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum and program development and the ability to clearly communicate curriculum models and concepts.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education or a related discipline. Please state how the education is related.
- A PhD in a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive management experience, including teaching experience within a complex, unionized and post-secondary institution is required.
- Project management experience is required.
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A