Website Seneca College
Reporting to the Manager, Global Engagement, the International Mobility Coordinator (IMC) contributes to the advancement of Seneca’s internationalization goals and objectives. A key member of the International Mobility (IM) team, the IMC is primarily responsible for providing a comprehensive array of support services, and for the administration of inbound, outbound and virtual global learning programs including but not limited to semester exchange, faculty-led programs abroad, work experiences, and summer academic programs.
- Advises students on global mobility programs best suited to their academic and personal goals; monitors student applications to determine progress and supports applicants, converting incomplete applications to complete.
- Develops and delivers relevant health, safety and security training in collaboration with Seneca’s travel risk management partner, International SOS (ISOS).
- Facilitates group travel planning and logistics including but not limited to ground transportation, flights, accommodations, extra curricular activities and visa administration.
- Develops program budgets and supports the drafting of service contracts, coordinating with Seneca’s finance team to facilitate payments to suppliers, vendors, and contractors in a timely manner and in accordance with service agreements; maintains accurate records of all financial transactions for relevant global mobility programs, in accordance with Seneca’s finance policies and procedures.
- Represents Seneca and the IMO at fairs, information sessions, committees, conferences, partnership visits, etc. as required.
- Develops and delivers welcome orientations and provides continual support to inbound students, working closely with academic areas, student services and registrar’s office to ensure their successful transition to the classroom and addresses any challenges that arise during their stay.
- Occasional work outside of business hours such as on weekends to conduct pre-departure/welcome orientations.
- Develops and leads promotion and outreach activities including but not limited to information sessions, classroom presentations, fairs and email campaigns, to raise awareness of global mobility programs and increase student engagement and participation.
- Organizes and coordinates the student selection process and communicates with students on all aspects of their mobility program.
- Researches, reports and advises on travel risk best practices, and conducts ongoing risk assessments for global mobility program destinations, regularly monitoring government and ISOS travel risk advisories.
- Fluency in a second language other than English. Languages considered valuable to the success of this position include but are not limited to Japanese, Spanish, German, French or Vietnamese.
- Knowledge of the college setting and the workings of its administration, including programs of study, academic regulations, registration procedures and the full range of student services.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365, Adobe Suite, content management systems (WordPress, PeopleSoft/Banner) and Learning Management Systems (Blackboard).
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen, empathize, problem solve, exercise good judgment and resolve conflicts with a diverse student population; must have high levels of customer service skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, presentation and project planning skills, with the ability to plan and deliver workshops and information sessions to post-secondary students and to liaise with partners and vendors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year of work abroad experience, preferably in one of Seneca’s global mobility destinations.
- Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Qualified Administrator certification is required.
- Master’s degree in one of the above fields preferred.
- Experience teaching, counselling and advising international students, developing and facilitating effective intercultural training and pre-departure orientations, and employing strategies to help students define and accomplish their goals while abroad.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in international education, student services or project management, with experience coordinating a wide range of global opportunities in a post-secondary environment.
- Experience with budgeting, expense tracking and overall financial processes and procedures related to the financial management of global mobility programs.
- Experience with International SOS, travel risk management policies, travel risk assessments and monitoring, and travel risk mitigation as well as knowledge of and experience with travel insurance and conducting health, safety and security trainings.
- Minimum completed four (4) year degree in International Relations/Development/Business, Student Services/Affairs/Counselling, or Higher Education.
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A