Website SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
In coordination with the current SEAS veterinary staff, is primarily responsible for practicing veterinary medicine with the animal collection at SeaWorld of Texas, Aquatica San Antonio or onsite with rescued or stranded animals as directed.
- Shares responsibility for the management of veterinary support staff including Vet Techs, Lab Techs and contractors.
- Assists in selecting and mentoring candidates for potential internships and residency programs and veterinary student externships.
- As part of various programs, works with current veterinary staff to provide medical care of rescued wildlife including, but not limited to, manatees, birds, sea turtles, and cetaceans.
- Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude. Works as part of a local and corporate SEAS veterinary team to provide quality veterinary service and care.
- Shares responsibility of oversight of animal nutrition, management and budgeting.
- In cooperation with current veterinary staff, is responsible for the maintenance and management of all aspects of collection animal health for
- SeaWorld of Texas and Aquatica San Antonio. This includes diagnosis and treatment of disease, preventative medicine programs and nutrition.
- Shares responsibility of medical and laboratory equipment needs and acquisition.
- In coordination with current veterinary staff members, plan and develop department’s annual budget in coordination with the Senior Leader of Zoological Operations.
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) or equivalent required.
- Must be licensed to practice Veterinary medicine within at least one US state or territory.
- Must acquire a Texas Veterinary License and USDA Accreditation certification within one year of employment.
- Must have previous veterinary experience with zoological species to include marine and terrestrial mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians.
- This may include post-doctoral training or a minimum of two years full-time practical experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to work a variable schedule to include weekends, holidays, emergencies and potential overnight travel.
- Must be willing to comply with all SEAS grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Experience in management of personnel and veterinary facilities is desired.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 30 days of employment.
- Board-eligibility or Diplomate status in the American College of Zoological Medicine is preferred.
Company: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A