Website SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
Sesame Place is a place of thrills, fun and positive, lasting memories. And that’s just what it’s like to work here! As a key member of our painter team, you’ll play a major role in bringing happiness and excitement to people from around the world. If you’re dedicated, dependable and driven to make our scenery come to life, this is place for you!
- Mixing colors in oil or vinyl based paints and other paint finishes matching, blending, harmonizing, and contrasting as specified colors and consistencies.
- Performing commercial painting related maintenance work, to include but not limited to: brush & roll, airless spray, pressure washing, ladder / high reach work, wall/surface prep and other miscellaneous painting activities
- Scraping, sanding, filling, and otherwise preparing surfaces of interior and exterior walls, woodwork, and metalwork of building equipment and facilities such as tables, cabinets, rooms, halls, auditoriums, roofs, fences, and apparatus for painting and finishing
- Erecting, rigging, moving, and working from scaffolds, swing stages, and extension ladders
- Cleaning, adjusting, maintaining, and making minor repairs on painting power tools and equipment to ensure their safe and efficient operation
- Using brushes, rollers, and spray guns to apply the required number of coats of paints, enamels, varnishes, lacquers, or other protective or decorative materials on a wide variety of surfaces such as wood, metal, glass, plaster, brick, stucco, cement, and wallboard.
- Ability to work rotating shifts to include nights, weekends, holidays. Available to work overtime when required by supervisor or manager
- Skilled in use of tools and equipment of the trade
- Valid Drivers License
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge and physical ability (lift 50 lbs./climb ladders up to 35 ft./work a heights up to 300 ft.) to perform commercial painting functions in a theme park environment
- Knowledge Of: Brush, roller, and spray painting practices, processes, tools, and materials; Application of protective and decorative paints and finishes to a variety of surfaces; Methods of preparing various surfaces for painting, repainting, finishing, and refinishing; Safety precautions required for the application, handling, and storage of painting materials ;Safety regulations pertaining to erecting and working on ladders, swing stages, rigging, and scaffolds; harmful effects of hazardous or toxic materials and the protection and safeguards required when working with or controlling such materials.
Company: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A