Website San Diego Zoo Global
The Educator Guide under direction interprets the Organization’s collection for students of all ages in various program formats and presents and cares for the wildlife assigned to the Education Department. This position reports to the Lead Educator Guide, Education Specialist or Transportation Supervisor/Education Supervisor.
- Handles artifacts and biofacts
- Operates a variety of organization vehicles and audio visual equipment
- Conducts a variety of programs (from 4 to 12 offerings)
- May conduct city-school programs
- Works with a variety of different groups
- Gives input to program developers
- Monitors program materials and props
- Educates and interprets
- Delivers programs off safari park/zoo grounds
- Collects program feedback
- Teaches summer school
- Performs storytelling and puppet shows
- Escorts groups behind the scenes
- At least two years of experience in an informal education facility (camps, museums, and science centers) is required.
- Previous wildlife-related experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with children ages 18 months – 6 years old is preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- A teaching credential and formal education experience is preferred.
- Principles and practices of biology or zoology, including animal behavior
- Current valid California Driver’s License in good standing.
- Teaching methods and practices; and learning theory
Company: San Diego Zoo Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A