Website San Diego Zoo Global
The Research Coordinator II conducts assigned research activities and oversees research operations in a specialized area of biological science; and may provide lead guidance to assigned staff. This position reports to a Supervisor level or higher in the Conservation Science & Wildlife Health department.
- Coordinate program related activities.
- Oversee assigned laboratory, field, diagnostic, or research collection operations, equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Document, summarize, and analyze data.
- Oversee assigned area(s) and supervises assigned staff.
- Develop, update, and implement associated research plans, engagement tools, training procedures, and data analysis.
- Carry out research collections of animals, plants, or biological samples and/or initiatives with human communities.
- Prepare progress reports and other documentation as required.
- Interpret research findings and revises procedures necessary to achieve desired results.
- 3 years’ experience in laboratory, diagnostic, wildlife care, and/or field research required
- Able to work effectively with others in a diverse environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, zoology, botany, or a related field or equivalent specialized training
- Able to operate moderately complex computer software programs.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Company: San Diego Zoo Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Escondido, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A