Website US Foods
The Sales Coordinator will drive results as the first point of contact for assigned Territory Managers and Customers through Team selling, administrative support, and resolving questions/requests/issues in a timely manner utilizing detailed knowledge of US Foods products, systems, and tools. Serve as the primary liaison between Customers, Territory Managers, District Sales Managers and Product Sales Support Administrator (PSSA) as well as but not limited to Operations, Credit & Transportation. Engage in regular phone conversations with customers, including taking orders, resolving issues, and opportunistically selling. Review orders placed through US Foods Online to ensure accuracy / completeness, contacting customers with suitable substitutes as necessary. Provide administrative support to Territory Managers and District Sales Managers, as needed. Escalate issues to appropriate parties, as necessary, to ensure appropriate responses.
Take actions that deliver US Foods Key Results by developing relationships with key customers both internal and external.
- Respond to customer and Territory Manager questions and requests (e.g., price information) in a timely manner, either by determining answer on your own or escalating to appropriate Market or Area resources (Operations, Category Management, Finance, Replenishment, etc.) or external vendors, as required.
- Team up with Territory Managers (average 10) to actively support their customers through regular, scheduled contact and drive sales performance with suggestive, persuasive selling. Support order guide maintenance in Edge and Customer shopping lists in US Foods.com
- Contact customers to highlight on-going promotions and opportunities to up-sell/cross-sell to distribute slow moving items, close-out items and special buy items.
- Contact customers for orders, add-ons, etc. Process orders through internal order entry systems. Promote Customer engagement with US Foods.com as a source for order entry as well as Value added Services.
- EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and solid problem resolution ability required.
- Able to process multiple issues simultaneously, driving them to successful resolution.
- Candidate must have a solid customer service orientation, with ability to professionally and effectively influence/persuade customers to purchase products.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least three (3) years of previous customer service experience required (call center, restaurant, retail etc). Foodservice / distribution experience preferred. Previous sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Provide vacation/back-up coverage to Territory Managers and weekend coverage for all inbound Sales Coordinator calls.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A