Website Dollar General
The Sales Associate acts as a point of contact for our customers. The duties of the Sales Associate include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating the cash register, stocking merchandise, recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets.
- Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean restroom and receiving room, and help set up sidewalk displays.
- Follow company merchandise processes; unpack, stock, restock, and rotate merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
- Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist customers.
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Basic mathematical skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation guides.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to stock merchandise.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:London, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A