As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Starbucks Department Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The Starbucks Department Manager is held accountable for the department’s results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing costs. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock and inventory. Writes order in the order guidebook and enters into computer. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Trains, supervises, schedules, and assigns duties to barista clerks. Brews coffee and tea, using coffee urns, drip or vacuum coffee makers, teapots, drink mixers, and other kitchen equipment. Performs various duties to assist in filling customers orders. Cleans and polishes utensils and equipment used in beverage preparation. Serves coffee. Operates cash register to accept payment and make change.
- Write order in the order guidebook and enter into computer. Check order for completeness upon arrival.
- Train, schedule, and supervise barista workers to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the department.
- Operate electronic cash register to total customers’ final bill. Receive payment for customer purchase and count back correct change.
- Ensure product quality.
- Maintain cleanliness of coffee service area of the store.
- Provide financial reporting to Store Manager and Field Supervisor.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Change signs and prices as directed by merchandising.
- Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction of service, or other problems related to the operation of the department.
- Brew coffee, tea and chocolate.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Desired: Prior management experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spokane, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A