Website Royal Mail
As a Plant Manager you’ll play a key role leading our operational management teams, overseeing all aspects of site operations and embedding key process improvements. Alongside driving performance throughout the team, you will also be focussed on delivering our crucial customer commitments.
- We’re in an exciting period of transformation and our Plant Managers are right at the centre of it. You’ll be providing leadership that creates enthusiasm and inspires people across all levels of the business to act and embrace positive change and build a culture of high performance and climate for success.
- This Role has budget responsibility of £35.8M.
- Reporting into the Service Delivery Leader, this key operational role is responsible for ensuring our Plant runs smoothly, delivering the processing plan in a safe, customer focused and commercially driven manner. This fast-paced role will give you the chance to have real impact throughout the business by driving and implementing national change initiatives, developing the business plan and working to achieve all unit and personal KPI’s.
- Leadership Focus: Ensures the basics are right, takes a ‘one company’ approach, creates positive energy, implements strategy, takes account of relevant issues. Uses platforms to recognise superstars, appeals to both the heart and the brain when communicating.
- Resilience Focus: Is approachable, provides re-assurance to others, agile in adapting to new challenges, communicates regularly and informally, deals with ambiguity, is positive and realistic even under pressure.
- Customer centric Focus: Implements a customer-first culture, introduces ways to improve the customer experience, puts the customer at the heart of decision making, monitors goals for customer service, promotes investment and change which improves the end to end customer experience.
- Improvement Focus: Implements transformation, reduces costs and ensures value for money, embraces innovative work practices, makes rational and informed decisions, identifies improvements to ways of working across areas of the business, implements new processes and services to meet changing customer needs.
- Achievement Focus: Ensures ‘best day every day’ by implementing standards of excellence, asks questions of others, shares learning, provides guidance. Builds confident teams using a coaching style and ensures others are held accountable. Uses resources to ensure delivery. Keeps promises. Is trusted by teams and colleagues.
- People Focus: Understands the value of diversity & inclusion, uses delegation, coaching, empowerment and feedback, identifies and developing talent, collaborates, takes time to know and understand others needs and perspectives, ensures a supportive environment where achievements are recognised.
- Shift patterns: The Plant manager will be required to be flexible across all shift patterns of the unit.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A