Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Our Robotics Engineers routinely do what few on earth—or anywhere else, for that matter—have ever achieved. Everyday challenges include autonomous processing and precise movements in harsh conditions, at distances ranging from nanometers to millions of miles. Exploration from our home planet to our solar system and beyond is the supreme test of Autonomous Systems and Robotics. Our teams design and build hardware and software to land, perform tasks, and process results. To do it, we need experts in avionics, power electronics, rover mobility, new spacecraft architectures, guidance & control algorithms, sensors, and actuators. Our work is many things, but never, ever boring.
- Robotic Actuation and Sensing
- Robotic Vehicles and Manipulators
- Extreme Environment Robotics
- Robotics Modeling and Simulation
- Robotic Systems Estimation, Decision, and Control
- Robotic Mobility
- Robotic Manipulation and Sampling
- Computer Vision
- Maritime and Aerial Perception Systems
- Robot Operations
- General knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in related to Robotics Engineering.
- Prior internship/volunteer experience in related disciplines.
- Recently completed coursework providing an understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in
- Robotics or related.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Participation in student/volunteer organizations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s with at least one year related work experience, Master’s, or PhD degree in Robotics Engineering or a related engineering majors.
- Minimum of a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A