The Vendor Paid Merchandise Handler is responsible for all functions related to the flow of new merchandise for the vendor. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Assist in replenishment, inventory and markdown processes
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries
- Complete general shipment and processing activities in accordance to productivity standards and ensure floor readiness
- Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Maintain communication with vendors, MTMs, and regional and district offices for support on driving sales, promos, and product knowledge
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Holyoke, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A