Website Toys 'R' Us
At Toys”R”Us, our Regional HR Manager is responsible for the development and engagement of a passionate and knowledgeable workforce that drives results through leadership, customer experience and execution. They work with their leadership team to execute on company strategy while employee engagement a priority. In essence, our Regional HR Manager is a business leader with a passion for ‘people’ and building a culture of trust and collaboration while bringing the smartest HR solutions for staffing, development, retention and brand.
- Manage/coordinate all HR programs/policies to include: staffing, performance management and merit review process, benefits enrollment, progressive discipline and performance improvement process, succession planning, the internal complaint process, bench strength development and training.
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in business objectives, productivity, employee engagement and development of HR with the company.
- Partner with management on all planning and execution of new store openings.
- Advise Management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Investigator and liaison to respond to allegations of harassment, discrimination, employee disputes grievances and other sensitive issues and ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Monitor, communicate, and take action on reporting to include: turnover, bench, succession planning, open positions, store audits, labor and payroll.
- Directs all areas of training, recruiting, people development and compliance for the stores.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of paperwork associated with training, terminations, new hires.
- Receive and respond directly and/or coordinate appropriate responses to calls regarding policy interpretation and employee relations
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills–Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Diversity–Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking–Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment–Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent work-related experience
- 5-7 years of Human Resources experience in a multi-unit retail environment
- Ability to travel ~25%
- Advanced knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of all federal, state and local HR laws
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel
- PHR and/or SPHR preferred
Company: Toys ‘R’ Us
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Parsippany, New Jersey
Application Deadline: N/A