Website Sherwin Williams
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Position in the Site Support group that primarily focuses on resolving customer complaints and troubleshooting batch problems from manufacturing. Responsibilities may include analyzing formulas, gathering and evaluating samples, performing calculations, and preparing and testing a range of technologies and methods.
- Completes appropriate forms and documentation regarding problem investigations, results, and conclusions; determines results and receives direction when required.
- Performs various calculations to prepare, perform, and conclude tests and analyses. Tasks are varied and require business judgment.
- Attend and participate in quality driven meetings.
- Cleans, maintains and calibrates most forms of equipment and maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Help investigate and assist QC to resolve non-conforming conditions on production batches.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints for Coil products.
- Pull raw materials to be shipped out for online adjustments at customer locations.
- May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Performing specification testing;
- Operating laboratory equipment;
- Performing basic technical chemistry and applicable mathematical calculations;
- Applying basic technical formulation principles and practices;
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- Work surfaces may include concrete.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to determine the difference between colors so you can correctly tint paint to the colors desired by customers.
- May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
- Completing forms and documentation;
- Following applicable health and safety principles and practices;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and other applicable applications;
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- FORMAL EDUCATION
- High School Degree or equivalent
- General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- 2 of more years of lab experience.
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Computer knowledge for basic inputting, communication, and data analysis
- Knowledge of basic paint concepts and property calculations.
- Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment (without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Garland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A