To succeed in this role, you’ll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you’ll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmap and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you’ll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills. Specifically, you’ll need strong Cisco Wi-Fi knowledge within large organisations, paired with strong experience of delivering Wi-Fi projects and experience of working in a large organisation with complex networks.
- Helping to identify potential or actual conduct and compliance risks and ensuring the appropriate escalation, remediation and mitigation to manage risks back within appetite
- Providing regulatory compliance and conduct insight, oversight and challenge in relation to the Credit and Structured
- Products businesses, ensuring compliance arrangements, taking into account core FCA principles
- Supporting colleagues to provide input on regulatory policy and conduct risk strategy as well as the implementation of the conduct framework
- Providing advice to make sure conflicts of interest and potential market abuse risks are managed appropriately
- Contribute to the assessment of the conduct strategy to make sure it’s consistent with, and supports, an effective regulatory framework through the provision of advice, guidance and effective reporting
- Strong people skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in teams and on complex programmes
- The ability to manage and influence business stakeholders
- To succeed in this role, it’s essential that you have fixed income compliance advisory experience within an investment bank, ideally with knowledge of credit and structured products businesses.
- You’ll have knowledge of the regulatory environment and its frameworks, and ideally experience of interpreting regulatory rules and regulations.
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Good knowledge and an understanding of the risk and compliance operating environment, associated policies, procedures and protocols
- A strong understanding of conduct risk management principles
- You’ll be a self starter with a keen interest in the financial markets and conduct matters, and with strong communication skills, you’ll be able to convey complex issues and concepts in a clear and concise manner.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Control, Oversight & Assurance
Job Location: Brentford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A