- This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative and supportive legal team supporting our Depositary businesses in the UK and Luxembourg
- You’ll gain significant exposure to the Depositary Services businesses as you help deliver our legal strategy and ensure the timely and effective delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives
- This role offers the advantage of a varied and extensive breadth of work, where you’ll find solutions to varied challenges on a wide range of matters
- You’ll be managing and coordinating the delivery of legal advice and support to the Depositary Services businesses, primarily in the UK but also supporting our Luxembourg business as appropriate.
- You’ll make sure that your advice is accurate, readily understandable to non-lawyers, delivered at the right time, and remains commercial while minimising legal risks.
- Dealing with legal and regulatory and queries from the Depositary business
- Liaising with stakeholders in the fund management industry with regard to scheme launches, reconstructions and other events
- Managing advisers and stakeholders in successfully delivering the bank’s projects
- Striving for continuous improvement in the operating practices and processes, including identifying efficiencies, improvements and opportunities to reduce costs
- We’ll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- In depth knowledge of the financial services sector
- The ability to build rapport and establish strong relationships, especially with senior colleagues
- Good commercial awareness and analytical skills
- A motivation to set and achieve high performance targets
Qualification & Experience:
- To join us in this role, you’ll need to be a qualified solicitor with experience of providing legal and commercial advice. You’ll be able to draw on your experience of working with law firms and other professional advisers and have knowledge of current legal issues facing the financial services sector.
- Knowledge and experience of the funds industry would be advantageous but what is essential, is your flexible attitude and ability to work well and cohesively within a small team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A