The Medical Risk Assessment that all candidates undergo is there to make sure that you are healthy enough for the intense training required by the RAF. Your application will be rejected if you fail to meet the minimum acceptable medical standard for entry. Your medical history is confidential and is not disclosed to those not authorised to hold this information.
- RAF MSFT: Bleep Test
- How fit you need to be to pass these tests can vary depending on role, age and gender.
- You can see a video demonstration of the PRTC Fitness Test here:
- A 12-week fitness plan with detailed information to help you get ready for all of the fitness tests can be downloaded here.
- You must be physically fit to complete both initial and specialist training, and to do your role effectively. To check your fitness levels, we put every candidate through two or three separate fitness tests as part of the application process: Selection
- Fitness Test, Pre-joining Fitness Test or Pre-recruit Training Course.
- RAF Fitness Test
- PJFT/PRTC Protocols
- You can see the protocols for Press Ups & Sit Ups here:
- You can download an MP3 file of the Multi-Stage Fitness Test below, listen to the introduction file first:
- RAF MSFT: Intro
Qualification & Experience:
- GCSE GCSE 2017 SNE Mathematics CGrade 4Grade 5 English Language CGrade 4Grade 5
- You can see what the RAF accepts in lieu of GCSEs & A Levels here.
- NATIONALITY & RESIDENCY
- You must be a UK citizen since birth.
- You must have resided in the UK for 7 years immediately prior to application.
- Your parents/spouse must currently have UK citizenship.
- Following the MOD announcement that the UK Armed Forces will now be able to recruit commonwealth citizens without the 5 year residency requirement, please note that the RAF continues to apply standard residency requirements for security clearance, ie, DV employment requires 7-years UK residency immediately prior to enlistment; SC requires 3-years.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A