The Medical Risk Assessment that all candidates undergo is there to make sure that you are healthy enough for the intense training required by the RAF. Your application will be rejected if you fail to meet the minimum acceptable medical standard for entry. Your medical history is confidential and is not disclosed to those not authorised to hold this information.
- RAF MSFT: Bleep Test
- Declare any previous spent and unspent convictions
- You can download an MP3 file of the Multi-Stage Fitness Test below, listen to the introduction file first:
- Check if you qualify under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 through this summary
- A 12-week fitness plan with detailed information to help you get ready for all of the fitness tests can be downloaded here.
- You can see a video demonstration of the PRTC Fitness Test here:
- How fit you need to be to pass these tests can vary depending on role, age and gender.
- You must be physically fit to complete both initial and specialist training, and to do your role effectively. To check your fitness levels, we put every candidate through two or three separate fitness tests as part of the application process: Selection
- Fitness Test, Pre-joining Fitness Test or Pre-recruit Training Course.
- RAF MSFT: Intro
- Have a basic background check to get Security Check level clearance
- RAF Fitness Test
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified: Be a state-registered radiographer with a BSc (Hons) in Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent
- Unqualified: Have a minimum of 120 UCAS points at A-level or equivalent, including a recognised science subject. For 2018/19 entry, it is important to check Birmingham City University website for current entry requirements.
- NATIONALITY & RESIDENCY
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of dual UK/other nationality or have been a
- Commonwealth citizen since birth.
- Whether or not you were born in the United Kingdom, you should have resided there for the 5 years immediately preceding your application. However, candidates with a minimum of 3 years will be considered.
- Following the MOD announcement that the UK Armed Forces will now be able to recruit commonwealth citizens without the 5 year residency requirement, please note that the RAF continues to apply standard residency requirements for security clearance, ie, DV employment requires 7-years UK residency immediately prior to enlistment; SC requires 3-years.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A