Website Queens University
Reporting to the Canadian Cancer Trials Group (CCTG), Finance Lead Officer, and working in collaboration with the Finance Unit at CCTG, the Finance Coordinator supports financial systems for the CCTG. The incumbent will perform research accounting and financial reporting activities necessary to meet the requirements of research funders, partners, and Queen’s University.
- Responsible for conducting internal and routine compliance audits on research accounts, to ensure expenditures are appropriate and are properly supported by receipts, in accordance with university and funding agency policies. Results of these audits will be reported to the Manager of Finance with major issues reported to the Group Director.
- Provide guidance and support for the procurement needs of the Group.
- Undertake other duties and special projects as required in support of the Finance unit of CCTG.
- Perform financial and accounting duties, including research project budget management and processing of financial transactions. This includes establishing complex research accounts, setting up approved budgets, analysis and reconciliations of research projects and grants, per case funding, ensuring revenues and expenditures are charged to the appropriate accounts, prepare necessary journal entries and monthly reports as required.
- Assist the Finance Lead Officer in the preparation of financial statements for the Manager of Finance, Group Director and Queens Health Sciences, including the preparation of end of year and trial reconciliation reports with Senior Investigator/Trial Teams.
- Provides back up support to the Finance Lead Officer as required.
- In support of the Manager of Finance, ensure training of key CCTG staff in compliance with new systems and upgrade requirements.
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, analyze issues, investigate and access situations, gather information and provide recommendations on various financial tasks.
- Strong project management and organization skills required to address multiple competing demands, priorities, and deadlines.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- University degree in Commerce, Business Administration and/or Accounting, with several years of relevant accounting experience.
- Respects diversity and promotes equity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Professional accounting designation, or in progress, considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel for analysis and use of various databases at CCTG and Queen’s University (Oracle, PeopleSoft, TRAQ etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard accounting practices, proven budget management skills, and account administration is required.
- Strong communication skills to interact with individuals at CCTG and within Queen’s University (Financial Services, Procurement Services, Office of Research Services, etc.).
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A