Website Publix Super Markets
A Senior Managing Chef’s primary responsibility is to manage the operation of the Apron’s Cooking School and Catering. This includes scheduling and teaching various cooking classes, supporting new store openings, acting as key developer of culinary content for cooking classes, supporting strategic initiatives as assigned and being responsible for performance results, operations, and customer satisfaction.
- oversees food and housewares ordering, quality of inventory and product, and drives sales through cross merchandising for local and seasonal demands for Cooking School and Catering; coordinates ordering with department managers
- supervises, evaluates, schedules and trains Apron’s associates (including Cooking Schools and Catering); participates in hiring and disciplinary actions when applicable
- works with the Store Manager and Meals RBU to set goals for the Cooking School and Catering, review results and improve operations with weekly book keeping functions
- serves as the celebrity chef/guest chef contact and media liaison and coordinates guest visits
- manages and maintains local Cooking School class calendar, including acting as a key developer of class curriculum and determination of class cancellation.
- coordinates class scheduling with Meals Retail Business Unit
- actively pursues media and public relations opportunities to promote the Apron’s programs and supports media engagements by making appearances on local television and radio segments and providing content for news paper and magazine articles.
- actively cultivates relationships in the community that drives class offerings
- teaches Cooking School classes and recruits local guest chefs to teach cooking classes
- schedules and participates in business calls and other outside activities and community events required to promote Cooking School and Catering, including promoting private classes as well as recruiting new students
Qualification & Experience:
- basic computer skills and
- a willingness to travel (by car or air) with potential overnight stays.
- ability to define problems, plan work, use logic, and draw conclusions
- ability to read, write and do simple math problems, and understand profit and loss statements
- having published recipes and/or cookbooks
- 2 years experience teaching culinary classes
- effective communication and interpersonal skills
- at least five years experience in a culinary field
Company: Publix Super Markets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A