CMM Programmer is responsible for programming and operating coordinate measuring machines (CMM) to inspect close tolerance components to print or CAD, and verifying fixtures to print or CAD. CMM programmer is responsible to perform part layouts, provide First Article documentation, and conduct Gage R&R and capability studies. CMM Programmer may train inspectors and other associates on the operation and use of the CMM.
- CMM Programmer may train inspectors and other associates on the operation and use of the CMM.
- Develops, maintains and communicates CMM reports.
- May perform other general inspection for acceptance of components.
- Performs part layouts and provides PPAP/First Article documentation.
- Will work with engineers to develop technically appropriate inspection techniques for components.
- Utilizes CMM to verify fixtures are to print.
- Utilizes CMM to inspect parts in accordance with engineering blueprints and other delegated dimensions.
- Performs Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies for programs and fixture setups.
- Participates in team problem solving.
- Serves as resident expert on all CMM data collection.
- May train other inspectors on proper measurement techniques.
- Conducts process capability studies.
- CMM Programmer is responsible for programming and operating coordinate measuring machines (CMM) to inspect components.
- Analyzes and summarizes data.
- Will have strong understanding of blueprints, engineering drawings, and GD&T.
- May use and program similar computer controlled devices for measurement (i.e. Optical Measurement Devices)
- Ensures accuracy of CMM programs to dimensioned tolerances.
- Works with engineering team to develop fixtures and holding methods appropriate for proper data collection.
- Thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5.
- PC skills that include Excel and Mini Tab are preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to details.
- Must have ability to read and interpret component prints, engineering drawings, and CAD.
- Analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience programming a CMM.
- 4+ years related manufacturing or technical experience preferred.
- 5+ years related inspection experience.
- Prefer relevant certification(s) from an internationally recognized body (i.e. ASQ, etc.)
- Requires a high school diploma or Associates Degree.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portage, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A