Website Massachusetts General Hospital
The Home Base Practice Manager, under general supervision of the Administrative Manager, works collaboratively with the clinical and administrative team to oversee the day to day operations in the program’s two clinical services, Outpatient Clinic (OPC) and Intensive Outpatient Program (ICP). Drawing on a broad understanding of MGH practices and policies and displaying a high degree of initiative, the Practice Manager will continually assess, direct and support a range of clinical operations issues including front desk operations and coverage, practice and patient billing and insurance issues, data collection and reporting, and adherence to MGH and government mandated policies and procedures. The individual will work collaboratively with internal Home Base teams including Clinical, Research, Outreach, and Development as well as the MGH Department of Psychiatry administrative team and other department practice managers. The individual will work independently with limited supervision.
- Oversees the day-to-day performance of administrative support staff in both the OPC and ICP and provides direct supervision including supporting the Administrative Manager in participation in hiring, training and evaluation of clinical administrative employees.
- Serves as liaison between the Home Base research and clinical teams and provides support in implementing data collection procedures at the clinic. Aides in the design of data collection in the clinic to meet other executive leadership needs.
- Analyzes front desk and office systems and workflow and develops and implements solutions to problems.
- Develops and manages front desk coverage plans. Provides daily front desk coverage during the Patient Services Coordinator lunch break and other times as needed.
- Coordinates and manages the on-boarding process for all clinical and clinical support staff. Submits requests and manages Home Base tree for non-employees.
- Works with Administrative Manager to manage staff schedules and clinical space needs. Manages provider schedules in hospital-wide scheduling systems.
- Works with Administrative Manager to evaluate no show, cancellation, wait times and other patient front-end quality of service indicators.
- Collaborates with PSC’s to provide support and assist in the resolution of patient/customer service and billing issues.
- With oversight from the Administrative Manager, develops and/or coordinates staff education for both the personal and professional development of clinical administrative staff. Importantly, this includes organizing mandatory training, as outlined by the hospital, the practice, the Joint Commission (JC), the Department of Public Health, and other regulatory agencies.
- Serves as program Timekeeper which includes weekly management of payroll within Kronos and providing first level support for payroll related issues or concerns.
- With oversight by the Administrative Manager, participates in Home Base preparation for JC and other regulatory site visits, as outlined in the Standards of Practice. Ensures the physical environment is maintained.
- With oversight by the Administrative Manager, ensures that HIPAA policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Develops and leads special projects to support program goals and to meet hospital and program revenue, compliance, patient satisfaction, and mission related goals. These include but are not limited to: TeleHealth, Virtual Reality program, and annual patient satisfaction measures.
- Identifies, monitors and resolves IS issues which affect the program’s operation. Assists in the implementation of new technology as required by the hospital and/or program
- Monitors patient billing activity to ensure compliance with revenue procedures; collaborates with the PO or GH Revenue Control to monitor patient billing activity throughout the Revenue Cycle and to participate in process improvement related to overall collections and revenue generation based on quarterly billing data.
- Builds and maintains ongoing working relationships with staff, clinical, and physician members of the Practice to facilitate positive staff morale and support provider productivity.
- Performs all other duties or special projects that are appropriate to this level of position.
- Directly supervises practice support staff (2.0FTE).
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, highly organized and thoughtful, in a fast paced, complex teaching hospital environment
- Demonstrated effective analytical and creative problem solver, which will support sound decision-making
- Demonstrated good computer skills and knowledge of office practice applications
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and independent judgement
- EPIC knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, with Business or Health Care education preferred. Master’s Degree preferred with healthcare focus
- Minimum of 2-3 years of healthcare experience
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlestown, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A