Website University of California San Diego
Under close supervision, incumbent performs as a Surgical Technician in fast paced, high risk Labor and Delivery Unit. Responsibilities include management of surgical equipment, instruments, and supplies. Maintaining sterile surgical techniques, and informal education of nursing and medical staff. Scrub for Obstetric surgeries and procedures. Stock LDR’s and OR’s with supplies and equipment. Transport labs to the laboratory, transport patients to other units, run errands within hospital as needed.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
- Two (2+) or more years of Surgical Technician experience, preferably in an operating room handling a variety of complex surgical cases.
- Previous experience in OB/GYN or Women’s Health.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous Surgical Tech experience in a hospital setting.
- Proven experience handling a variety of complex surgical cases.
- Superb customer service, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Must be a team-player.
- Certificate from an accredited Surgical Technician institution
- or evidence of completion of Surgical Tech training in a specialized program.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A