We are seeking a confident, motivated, high-performing individual who can carry out assignments with a strong attention to detail, that is able to work both independently and collaboratively and comes to the table with creative solutions.
- Solid abilities fostering and maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Build and drive content, including sourcing/writing/editing; ensure content is well-written and specific to intended audience groups;
- Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity; and
- Play a lead role in supporting compliance related activities for the Damage Prevention and Public Awareness program;
- In conjunction with Pembina’s Community Engagement team, this role will develop and implement strategic communications plans in support of ongoing operations, capital projects and other community relations activities with measurable objectives, stakeholder mapping, issues management, and effective use of communications tools and tactics;
- Work effectively and collaboratively with media, stakeholders and colleagues;
- Serve as a trusted advisor, providing communications support as it relates to Pembina’s business units and operating areas, and provide corporate communications services to the Sustainability, and Community Investment functions;
- Anticipate and mitigate potential risks to Pembina’s reputation; promote and enhance the company’s reputation;
- Provide strategic counsel and on-call support for crisis communications.
- Connect and integrate what’s happening in our communities with the broader operations
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business or related discipline;
- Above-average Microsoft Office skills;
- Strong client consulting, project management, communications planning skills and the ability to conceptualize, develop and execute a plan from end to end;
- Experience working in an on-call emergency communications role, including in an Emergency Operations Centre;
- Skilled communicator with 7+ years of experience that can think strategically, is action-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and deadlines;
- Strong writer, editor and speaker with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise messaging; and
- Experienced at preparing effective communications materials targeted at various stakeholder audiences;
- Ability to travel occasionally to field offices and operating areas.
- Oil and gas industry knowledge is required; midstream experience is an asset;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A