Website Peace Corps
This position is located in the Office Safety and Security, Headquarters, Peace Corps, Washington, D.C. This position is responsible for assisting the project leads in the management of data for safety and security specific data collection systems such as the Consolidated Incident Reporting System (CIRS), Security Incident Questionnaire Survey (SIQ), or Security Incident Management System (SIMS).
- Assists the project leads in preparing reports, PowerPoint presentations, memoranda, emails, and other types of written correspondence, presentations and/or briefings for both internal and external stakeholders; highlighting findings from the data collection systems. Compiles data for use in publications, reports, crime trends analyses, and special studies and/or ad-hoc data requests. Assists in developing briefings and presentations on trends and analytical findings to a variety of audiences.
- Uses standard data collection tools to analyze data. On a daily basis, collects and reviews reports and surveys from data collection systems, checking data and responses for quality, accuracy and completeness. Cleans, codes, and recodes both qualitative and quantitative data for recurring reports and ad-hoc data requests. Responsible for backing-up and storing data through appropriate methods and in appropriate locations, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations as required by Federal and Peace Corps (PC) IT security standards. Uses standard data collection tools and statistical methods to assist project leads in analyzing data. Extracts specific data elements from databases and analyzes that data under supervision using appropriate software (e.g., Excel, or SPSS).
- Monitors and periodically reviews project work plans to ensure accuracy, progress, and compliance with organizational standards and office goals and objectives. Prepares and assembles charts, data, reports, and narrative and statistical materials for on-going organizational planning. Completes project planning documentation for baseline information purposes.
- Assists project leads in identifying gaps or shortcomings in process for the collection and analysis of data; recommending enhancements or changes as needed.
- Uses a variety of statistical analysis tools to generate statistical tables and graphs based on data. Routinely prepares and publishes analytical data online, compiles data for use in presentations, reports, emails, and as needed for briefings and presentations on trends and analytical findings to a variety of audiences.
- Applicants must successfully complete a background security investigation with favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet this requirement will be grounds for employment termination.
- All Federal employees are required to have federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- This is not a bargaining unit position.
- This position requires a Moderate Risk Public Trust background investigation.
- COVID-19 vaccination required per EO 14043. (See Additional Information section)
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- A one (1) year trial period is required.
Company: Peace Corps
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A